At Niantic, we're passionate about real world, social, mobile games which encourage people to go on adventures with others, and we're seeking an experienced web content manager who can assist us in publishing the messages that help motivate millions of people to go outside and explore the world around them.
The Niantic marketing team is looking for a candidate with a desire to elevate our web presence and serve as a key member of the team by leading the publishing process across the team and partners. The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who is confident and capable of leading our website strategy to best engage and inform our player base. Additionally, this role will work closely with our global marketing team making sure we are delivering quality content to our global users.
The web content manager should possess a strong sense of organization, integrity, and attention to detail, as they will be partnering with internal and external colleagues to develop and publish high-profile content which will reach millions of people around the world. In addition, self-motivation and time management is critical as this role will need to quickly switch between projects and hit critical deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional marketing partners to keep the site current, fresh, and aligned with the speed of our marketing cadence.
- Manage the publishing process with partners and outside vendors at the campaign level.
- Maintain and lead the Pokémon GO website by overseeing all content, providing strategic direction, and serving as team point of contact for all projects.
- Use data to identify and recommend website usability and SEO improvements.
- Work with and enforce strict brand guidelines across projects and agencies.
- Review and report on content performance and modify strategy accordingly.
- Coordinate and manage global publishing processes to ensure timely and accurate player communication.
- Coordinate with APAC and EMEA partners to maintain consistency across all web content.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with web project management and/or content management.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience writing, editing, and publishing under regular deadlines.
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML, Markdown, and web publishing.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Broad knowledge of key Web technologies, Content Management Systems, and User Experience standard methodologies.
- Deep, demonstrated ability to write, edit, revise, and rewrite text-based content.
- Experience with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Proven track record to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative editorial process.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with project management best practices.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- A passionate gamer; with familiarity and knowledge of Ingress and Pokémon GO.
- Google Docs Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- HTML & Markdown.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere) is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.