The Operations organization at Niantic serves a mission-critical role in defining, executing, and scaling outstanding processes in service of our player, advertiser, and emerging development needs.
As the Wayfarer Community Manager, you will be responsible for engaging and supporting a passionate community of Niantic players who are passionate about enriching our games and experiences by contributing to the Niantic Map of real-world locations.
We’re looking for someone with proven communication skills and experience and enthusiasm around managing a community. If you're passionate about effective collaboration, are an effective communicator, and are interested in championing community feedback, we'd love to hear from you. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Build trust and motivate engagement in the Wayfarer Community.
- Identify, amplify, and support the creation of high-quality user generated content.
- Work with the support team to provide consistent guidance in a cohesive voice across all platforms.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports identifying bugs, feedback trends and highlighting opportunities for improvement.
- Collate feedback from Wayfarer Explorers and represent their voice in meetings with cross-functional partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Perform key tasks including but not limited to workflow and process development, issue (bug) tracking and prioritization, documenting process, writing user-facing content, product support, and data analysis.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively lead the global support processes.
- Provide support for live Wayfarer events.
- Demonstrated experience in online community building, forum operations, and social media methodologies.
- Over 3 years’ experience with brand communications, community management, and social media channel management.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and how they can be used to achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Experience working on other mapping initiatives or user generated content.
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines is a plus.
- Familiarity with Wayfarer and it’s community is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.