Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced UX Designer to help shape cutting-edge, highly social AR experiences and innovative apps that move people through the real world. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based. You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products to merge the virtual with the real world and to encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for Niantic’s current projects and experimental AR platform initiatives.
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to Niantic’s many UX and AR experience challenges.
- Lead user studies and UX research to help refine and fine-tune the apps towards product goals.
- Work closely with a cross functional pod of engineers, product managers, and artists to build fun and exciting real-world/AR experiences.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work showcasing samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Strong communication skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.