The Operations organization at Niantic serves a mission-critical role in defining, executing, and scaling outstanding policies and processes in service of our player, advertiser, and emerging development needs.
As Head of Trust and Safety you will be a critical leader within the Operations team and across Niantic, responsible for the development and enforcement of clear and consistent policies and expectations affecting users and partners - from anti-cheat to establishing points of interest in our games to content moderation to keeping our players safe. You will lead a team and partner closely with peers across product, engineering, legal and communications to ensure Niantic remains trusted, safe and fair.
The role requires a strong vision for how to address the very unique challenges Niantic faces as a real world platform, connecting atoms with bits. The role also requires you to make tough decisions in novel situations and to deliver recommendations under tight time pressure.
Your success as a manager will be measured by the professional development of the team members as well as your ability to mentor and lead them. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Define our player support vision, ensuring alignment with our company’s strategic direction and ability to drive economies of scale in service delivery.
- Develop clear strategic roadmaps for scaled customer service delivery and player experience.
- Translate strategic roadmaps into business plans. Drive alignment across organization on experience details. Develop tangible goals and clear accountabilities. Lead plan execution and report on plan performance.
- Develop clear metrics for defining our relationship with customers and define targets for the organization. Measure performance against metrics that balance speed and efficiency against the client experience.
- Introduce new and innovative technologies that improve our service delivery/experience and drive customer happiness to further build a positive brand for Niantic.
- Evaluate, select and develop outsourced vendor partners. Partner with vendors to deliver customer experience to established performance standards.
- Coach and mentor the people on the team. Promote environment of professional development and employee engagement. Lead and encourage the team to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Establish clear goals for the team. Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. Drive team performance to deliver results.
- Evolve reporting to assess impact of customer experience metrics on Niantic’s business and brand.
- Serve as subject matter authority cross functionally. Act as the voice of our customer. Advocate for our most significant player challenges and drive prioritization with our product and engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution; MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in customer-facing operations, ideally in creating and then executing policies.
- Motivated by Niantic’s goal of using technology to get people outside into the physical world to experience real world social interaction.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability to effectively analyze data, regulatory requirements, and product limitations.
- Previous experience building and scaling an integrity, user-facing support or services function within a tech company.
- Previous experience leading a globally-distributed, high-achieving team in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Excellent collaborator with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated passion for gaming and/or digital safety.
- Interest in and familiarity with mapping, augmented reality, and gaming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.