Do you want to join Niantic’s Engineering Team? We are seeking a Test Automation Engineer to build infrastructure to allow game and component teams to create automated tests that run on mobile devices during the build process. This work will support games such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and the new CATAN - World Explorers.
- You will build tools from the ground up to enable teams to develop and run automated tests on device.
- You will proactively add new devices and OS versions to the device pool to catch issues early.
- You will work at all levels of the client stack: Unity - C#, platform-native - Java/Kotlin/ObjC/Swift, cross-platform-native: C++.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with popular test frameworks in the mobile application space.
- You have built and tested games with Unity.
- You’re familiar with mobile device rooting and jailbreaking.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.