We are on an ambitious mission to turn the world into an Augmented Reality canvas which games and other applications can paint on top of. This future is fully realized on AR Head Mounted Displays (HMDs).
Niantic is seeking a hands-on Technical Program Manager (TPM) who will work across engineering, design and product to deliver the core operating system components for the AR HMD. You will coordinate the work of the internal engineering teams and external partners, regularly report on progress and proactively mitigate risks.
In this role, the ability to dig deeply into design and engineering processes to accurately measure velocity while identifying and tracking dependencies will be key. You will need to be able to listen carefully and learn from engineers of many subject areas, understand what their issues are and calculate how you can best serve them. Being self-directed and having a strong work ethic will be essential to your success.
- Lead multi-functionally to define schedule, requirements, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to in-flight solutions.
- Ensure every team and individual understand what they need to deliver at all times.
- Create templates, workflows and processes that are lightweight and exactly suited to the needs of the team.
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience building plans, including go to market, release and milestones, with a deep understanding of dependency management.
- Proven experience in applying Agile software development methodologies.
- Have delivered devices to market and understand the trade-offs involved between hardware and software engineering.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication of both technical and non-technical information to multiple levels of the organization.
- A BSc in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent technical degree or proven experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, and software program management.
- Experience working in AR, VR or computer vision related fields.
- You have shipped embedded devices based on Android and Linux such as phones, tablets, set top boxes or other consumer electronic devices.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.