Niantic’s Publishing team seeks a Technical Director to work on current and upcoming games at Niantic. Niantic Publishing works to identify top partner developers interested in bringing new games to the Niantic Lightship Platform and collaborates with them to bring their ideas to life and engage players across the world.
In this role, you will provide technical consultation, vetting, mentorship, and planning in the development of creative games and entertainment experiences. You will also represent the needs of partner game teams to improve our platform and help define long term success for Niantic Publishing.
- Work with Publishing leadership to define the operational properties of project development, including development processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management, resource management, and budgets.
- Provide technical mentorship and consultation to partner teams on how to use the Lightship platform to achieve the external development studio's creative vision.
- Design and implement technical vetting processes against prospective partners.
- Define work and timelines for partner teams to accomplish to meet Niantic’s technical requirements and quality bar.
- Represent partner developer and industry trends, challenges, and wishes to Niantic’s Lightship Platform teams and champion partner teams’ causes, and ensure partner studios are set up to succeed with the Niantic Platform.
- 3+ years of experience working with external development teams, or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience server-authoritative game development.
- 2+ years of experience working with Unity.
- Demonstrated ability writing technical design documentation for architectural components.
- You have experience in working in diverse and cross-functional teams or environments.
- Outstanding organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proven experience with AR/VR technologies.
- Experience in cloud architecture.
- Experience working in Developer Relations.
- Passion for AR, geolocation, and mobile games.
- Experience developing projects applying novel technologies and platforms.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.