Niantic Studios London is looking for an experienced engineering leader to join our growing studio. As Technical Director on the project, you will be responsible for leading the Engineering team and working closely with the studio leadership team to deliver an extraordinary mobile AR game experience. As a leader, you will be instrumental in building our Engineering team as the studio grows and takes on future challenges.
You will work closely with our internal partners of the Niantic Platform team, ensuring that our studio is connected and informed with the latest technological advances within Niantic.
- Lead a team of engineers to develop client and server side features to create an outstanding gameplay experience.
- Oversee all technical aspects of the project, including creation of technical designs, sprint planning, prioritisation, documentation, and development processes.
- Foster and maintain strong, technical relationships between external partners.
- Actively direct the performance of your team through mentoring, conducting regular 1:1s, and setting clear and measurable goals.
- Partner closely with Niantic’s product organisation and effectively collaborate with other departments to ensure high-quality features using all that Niantic has to offer.
- Extensive technical experience within the mobile games industry with at least 4 years in a leadership role.
- Expert in Unity3D development and C#.
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and happy to coach your junior colleagues.
- Have shipped more than one major title.
- Experience at all stages of product development from prototyping to live.
- Experience developing AR games.
- Experience with Java or managing Java development.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.