Niantic’s Tax Team seeks a Tax Manager to assist the existing Tax Team with primarily income taxes and certain indirect taxes, as well as to become a strong contributor toward building a world-class Tax Department.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and driven Tax Manager to join our Tax team in San Francisco. This position will be responsible for supporting Niantic’s global tax operations, including global tax provision, forecasting, planning, compliance, reporting and other special projects. Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be self-driven, detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves.
Within Niantic's Tax Team, we ensure that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running smoothly. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Team with external advisors and auditors on the preparation and review/audit of quarterly and annual income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures in accordance with US GAAP. Ensure accurate and timely reporting, including effective tax rate, intercompany/transfer pricing entries, uncertain tax positions, and footnote disclosures.
- Lead and review, with external advisors, all federal, foreign, and state income tax returns, including managing audits and inquiries by tax authorities.
- Assist with audits of internal records, tax filings and related documentation.
- Communicate regularly with internal Accounting team and various departments.
- Prepare/review quarterly tax accounts reconciliations.
- You are either a CPA, or a CPA candidate.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance with a strong academic record.
- You have a minimum of 4-6 years of experience working with income in either the tax department of a company or in public accounting.
- You have a familiarity with Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Netsuite preferred.
- You have demonstrated business judgment, and the ability to analyze the costs/benefits of proposed resolutions to tax related problems.
- You have experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.