Niantic's People Team is searching for a Talent Development Manager to join our team! You will focus on building and implementing learning and development programs that will support our broader Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including, building a solid candidate pipeline, attracting, hiring, retaining, and advancing a diverse mix of talent within Niantic.
This role will be primarily responsible for launching the Software Engineer (SWE) Apprenticeship program. Additionally, you will be a key partner within the enterprise L&D team, facilitating org-wide training, team effectiveness sessions, and supporting the development and implementation of new programs.
The goal of the SWE Apprenticeship program is to discover and develop a new source of diverse talent within our community tailored to Niantic engineering needs. While the program structure has already been designed and approved, you'll bring it to life and partner with team members to recommend improvement areas for the current and future iterations.
- Lead the SWE Apprenticeship program. This includes:
- Act as a sounding board and coach for the apprentices, supporting them along their journey and using discretion to raise issues as appropriate.
- Work closely with the bootcamp provider to understand learner progress, and provide any additional support that is needed.
- Coach leaders on how to support their apprentice throughout the program.
- Establish key performance metrics to evaluate success.
- Provide regular updates and reporting throughout and following the program to the steering committee and Engineering leadership team.
- Recommend and implement program enhancements as you identify areas of need.
- Coordinate FTE conversion selection process after the program.
- Build the learning and development roadmap first 12-18 months after conversion.
- As a member of Niantic's global L&D team, collaborate on, and implement, Niantic’s global L&D strategy across the company with a specific focus on D&I.
- Develop material for new training programs, review and evaluate existing or proposed programs, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Facilitate engaging workshops over Zoom, in-person, and in a hybrid format.
- Research and report on metrics for measuring the effectiveness of our L&D initiatives to ensure we are making significant and concrete progress.
- Serve as a Learning Consultant to People Partners and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Work with external vendors as needed to identify training solutions that are effective and scalable.
- A robust Learning & Development background with experience designing, implementing, and evaluating talent development programs.
- Experience coaching and influencing, with ability to vary style based on the individual.
- Possess a true passion for, and a deep understanding of, Diversity & Inclusion principles, and a proven understanding of HR fundamentals.
- Demonstrate experience translating vision into strategy and delivering against the plan.
- Outstanding communicator, able to take complex information and distill it into relevant insights that drive decision-making.
- Great at project management, collaborating cross-functionally, and displaying strong prioritization/organization skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious: you don't know everything - and you embrace that - but you trust yourself, and you know the right questions to ask.
- 7+ years of Learning and Development experience with growing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- Previous startup and scaleup environment experience.
- Master's Degree in a related field (IO Psych, Organizational Development, HR, etc.)
- Background in Engineering or supporting L&D for a technical population.
- You have invested in your own growth and development by completing Coach Training and/or obtaining your Coaching Certification.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.