We are looking for a Strategic Finance Analyst who will be a key player responsible for forecasting, performing budget vs. actuals analysis, business partnering, and tracking and benchmarking Key Performance Indicators for the business.
This candidate will partner with business leaders across the company and use financial acumen to drive positive return on investment. You will work with multiple business partners to define and deliver insightful metrics, analyses, forecasts, and operational finance support. A successful candidate will possess keen critical thinking plus analytical abilities with strong communication and project management skills; wants to work and thrive in a position that has an excellent career path. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Strategic business partner to Game Studios, S&M, and G&A; provide sound financial recommendations and guidance on budgets and variance analyses for departments and project.
- Perform financial analysis, build business models, and deliver recommendations to senior executives to help drive the business forward.
- Assist in building monthly and quarterly reporting packages that include financial performance, detailed key financial metrics, and an executive overview of trends and variances.
- Drive end-to-end financial modeling for new projects and business initiatives.
- Run budgeting, forecasting, headcount and long-range planning process across the organization.
- Proactively identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies.
- 1-3 years of experience in FP&A, Finance, Accounting, or related quantitative fields.
- BS/BA in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- A well-rounded top performer, with a combination of analytical and interpersonal skills; execution-oriented and attention to timelines.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task with limited direct supervision.
- Outstanding quantitative and problem solving skills with the ability to understand and build sophisticated business models. Strong proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Proven ability to present complex financial analysis in a clear and compelling manner to a non-finance audience.
- Demonstrates initiative to learn, flexibility with ambiguity, resilience under pressure, and ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise.
- Strong passion for technology and entertainment; enthusiasm for Niantic’s products.
- Experience at a high growth start-up or in the AR/VR sector.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with configuring and working with Adaptive, NetSuite, and other financial tools.
- Masters in Business Administration or Finance.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.