Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking interns to work on advancing our real-world augmented reality (AR) games and our developer platform. You’ll grow your skills quickly while being mentored by an experienced team of server, gaming, mobile, full-stack and computer vision engineers and data scientists. Our technical challenges include data consistency across distributed systems, creating compelling gameplay for a global userbase working with geo data at scale, and innovating in augmented reality. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of augmented reality and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a userbase in the billions. Come empower players on a game board consisting of the entire world!
- Design and implement new features and improvements that make a positive impact on billions of users.
- Develop well-tuned code that may be included as part of our next software release.
- Work closely with new and emerging technologies in the real-world AR gaming space.
- Graduating in 2022 or later with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous internship experience as a software engineer.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Proven understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and tools (e.g., programming proficiency in an object-oriented language, algorithms and data structures).
- You love Augmented Reality.
- You helped to build scalable systems, games, or web experiences in your previous internships.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.