Niantic’s Security Team seeks an intern in security engineering to improve Niantic’s security infrastructure for our globally distributed sites and workforce. You will help secure our corporate and production environments by expanding our tooling. All applications must be submitted in English.
- Design and implement security tools, run security audits. For instance:
- Create a security monitoring tool to alert users automatically when security issues are discovered.
- Run a structured audit against our infrastructure, report and help fix discovered issues.
- Implement a log parser for Shodan/Censys to Elastic.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: Java, C++, Go.
- You are available to work for at least 12 consecutive weeks in 2022.
- You have knowledge of UNIX/Linux or MacOS environments.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- You have experience with Cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Containers).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.