Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to create high-performance mobile real-world MMO games at massive scale using Unity 3D on Android and iOS. You will work on a wide variety of technical challenges while creating engaging and fun real-world gameplay for a user-base in the billions.
- Build engaging gameplay features that are fun and easy to use.
- Create technical designs and develop code on game features for a devoted user-base.
- Design and implement cross-platform code for Android/iOS that is portable to multiple games.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- You have 3+ years of work experience with Unity on mobile devices in Android and iOS.
- You have 3D game engine experience, particularly in Unity3D.
- You can work in multiple programming languages in C# for Unity, Java in Android, Obj-C in iOS, C/C++ mobile native.
- You have mobile or console game performance optimization experience.
- Experience building native Unity plugins.
- Interested in geospatial data technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.