Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build the server infrastructure that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. You will work on real-time indexing, querying and aggregation problems at massive scales of hundreds of millions of events per day. These technical challenges pertain to a single, clear-cut worldwide instance shared by millions of users.
We currently have openings on our platform team, data team, ads team, and games team.
- You will build robust, low-latency, scalable systems that support Niantic’s products.
- You will design and implement server-side features in Java.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- You will perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant experience.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- You have experience engineering scalable or cloud-based server systems.
- You have experience with deployment on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.