Niantic's Data and Analytics Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build and contribute to our data and analytics infrastructure that is part of our planet-scale real world platform, the Niantic Lightship Platform. This is the platform underpinning the games that Niantic publishes such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Pikmin Bloom. Join us in building and contributing to the next-generation data and analytics platform that would help Niantic build better games using data.
- Build on our Analytics platform, which is offered to the games in the form of a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution and tackle planet-scale problems.
- Design, develop and maintain a set of data infrastructure that processes telemetry on the order of millions of events per second.
- Work on our next-generation marketing and A/B testing framework that would enable parallel experiments to be run on the games with the goal of helping us make better games that empower our players to explore the world with others.
- Collaborate cross functionally with product, game engineering, and other platform engineering teams to ensure that we are building the appropriate solution for them.
- Perform load testing, participate in code and design reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- 2+ years of experience building reliable and scalable systems. 5+ years for senior candidates.
- Proficient in object-oriented languages such as Java and Go.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience with cloud-computing platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working with large-scale data processing engines, e.g. Apache Spark, GCP Cloud Dataflow.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.