Niantic's Data Engineering Team is seeking a Revenue & Reporting Engineer to build and create revenue data analytics warehouses that supports Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and our planet-scale real world platform underpinning these projects encompassing telemetry on order millions of events per second.
- Design, develop and maintain data warehouses to deliver reliable performance reporting.
- Build sophisticated ETL pipelines to ingest, validate, and structure data from diverse sources.
- Assist in owning existing processes running in production, optimizing complex code.
- Collaborate cross functionally with finance, data science and other engineering teams to understand needs and deliver valuable insights.
- You have 2+ years of commercial experience crafting production quality products in Python and or Java in a professional team setting.
- You have previous experience with building ETL pipelines.
- You have 2+ years of experience with SQL / query logic.
- You have a proven record of being comfortable with large volumes, think Terabytes, of complex data.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- You have knowledge on financial analysis and/or accounting systems.
- You have experience with data modeling.
- You have experience working with large scale data processing engines, e.g. Apache Spark, GCP Cloud Dataflow.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, London, and Zurich.