Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking Software Engineers to join the Platform and Infrastructure team that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and future titles built on this platform. You will design and implement platform solutions that host hundreds of millions of events per day as well as encapsulating those technologies behind easily understood, well-organized APIs to enable development of planet-scale AR experiences.
- You will build Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions to support planet-scale game servers and core services.
- You will define interfaces between the platform and its users, including both Niantic developers and external developers.
- You will build key components of the platform that developers can leverage to create rich experiences in their games.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- Bachelor or above in Computer Science or a similar major.
- 2+ years of experience building reliable and scalable platforms. 5+ years for senior candidates.
- Proficiency in compiled languages such as Java, Go and C++.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, infrastructure as code (such as Terraform), and cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting production systems.
- You have built reliable, high-throughput, low-latency and scalable server and networking systems.
- You have knowledge about service discovery, networking security, multi-tenancy, database access, concurrency control or cache consistency.
- You are familiar with one or more open source projects, such as Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Envoy and Istio.
- You have experience mentoring junior engineers or leading projects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.