Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to create mobile, real-time planet-scale AR experiences on Android and iOS, with a particular emphasis on cross-platform native development in C++. You will solve native assembly, compilation and security problems, create highly-performant network and real-time querying and caching on mobile devices, and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
- Design and implement cross-compiled Android/iOS native code in C++.
- Create robust and highly performant networking, cryptography, and graphics subsystems across all of Niantic’s products.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum two years of work experience with native development in C++ on mobile, embedded or console devices.
- You have experience with assembly-level compilation, particularly with ARM.
- You have experience with platform-level sensor, video and background services frameworks in either Java/Kotlin on Android or Objective-C on iOS.
- Experience building native Unity plugins.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunityemployer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.