Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to implement engaging features in the next generation of real-world AR games using Unity 3D for iOS and Android. We are looking for someone that can implement compelling gameplay mechanics for diverse and passionate players and pioneer new kinds of AR experiences for internationally known brands.
You will be joining an exciting and supportive team, and have the opportunity to work on multiple Niantic games, such as Pokémon GO, TRANSFORMERS: Heavy Metal, and Pikmin Bloom.
- Add sponsored content to Unity game clients that enhances the gameplay experience without disrupting it.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and game teams to create new features.
- Design and implement cross-platform code for Android/iOS that is portable across multiple game platforms.
- Perform performance profiling on mobile devices, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Work with groundbreaking AR technology and internal teams to develop features, and feedback, for new and existing products.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of work experience on games with Unity or can demonstrate proficiency in it.
- 3D game engine experience, particularly in Unity3D.
- Proficient working in C# for Unity.
- XR game development experience.
- Experience with a Shading Language (e.g. GLSL and mobile variants, CG, HLSL, Metal).
- Have mobile AR game experience.
- Experience working on server-side features and experience with Java.
- Experience working with proprietary technology.
- Interested in connecting people to explore the world together.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID