Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Build and Release Engineer to create and maintain the build pipeline for a custom Android Open Source Project based Operating System for a hardware device. This build pipeline will be integrated with existing build systems and processes to enable development of this custom operating system by a large team.
- Design CI Pipelines to support development team.
- Support engineers by helping solve failed builds.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Develop tools to automate processes, participate in code reviews and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major with a minimum of 5 years of experience with developing and managing build & release infrastructures.
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines and building systems like Travis or gitlab-ci or circle-ci or jenkins or equivalent.
- Experience managing Git based version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Android builds.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers such as GCP or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.