We are on an ambitious mission to turn the world into an Augmented Reality canvas which games and other applications can paint on top of. This future is fully realized on AR Head Mounted Displays (HMDs).
Niantic is seeking software engineers to design and implement components of the AR HMD. There are multiple opportunities for engineers to own one or more system components and ensure it uses industry best practices to deliver a great consumer experience. You will be responsible for achieving key metrics for real-time performance, power management, security and overall user experience.
- Design, implement, integrate and deliver one or more key software components in C/C++ or other languages as required.
- Collaborate with other team members to review designs, code and test processes.
- Ensure component quality through development of unit and integration tests.
- Debug integration and production issues to understand root causes and to deliver timely solutions.
- A BSc in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent technical degree or industry experience.
- Experience in crafting performant C/C++ software in a constrained embedded environment.
- Has efficiently used unit and integration tests to validate component functionality.
- Able to collaborate with multi-function teams to iteratively deliver new system capabilities using new technologies and methodologies.
- You have shipped projects built on Android or an embedded Linux Kernel.
- You have used open computer vision and AR/VR standards (eg: OpenCV, OpenXR).
- You have experience iteratively delivering software via Agile methodologies.
- You have worked with hardware teams.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.