Niantic’s Augmented Reality Engineering Team is seeking a Build Infrastructure Engineer to build systems that scale at the heart of high-performance AR platforms. You will work to build workflow pipelines, consistent and reliable release processes, as well as tooling that empower engineers to deliver planet-scale AR experiences across Niantic and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
- Identifying developers needs and crafting tools and automation to help fulfill those needs.
- Engineer scalable build and workflow pipelines applicable across all Niantic products.
- Coordinate and deploy binary and library releases in conjunction with product updates and fixes.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical majors.
- Experience building code cross-platforms.
- Proficiency with build systems and scripts.
- Proficiency with Bash/Zsh/Dash/etc.
- Experience with C/C++ or Python.
- Fast-learner with a desire to improve the developer experience of their fellow engineers.
- Experience with CMake.
- Experience supporting release and deployment 24/7 services.
- Experience integrating CI and other tools with code repositories.
- Python experience.
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines and building systems (e.g. Travis, gitlab-ci, circle-ci, jenkins, etc.).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.