Niantic Marketing drives community-focused initiatives for our global audience of tens-of-millions of users, maximizing key partnerships and creative campaigns that reflect the spirit of our company's mission. Come onboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented to the world.
As a Regional Social Media & Community Manager for Pokémon GO, you will scale our regional social media marketing and grow our social media channels. We’re looking for a hardworking candidate with solid communication and project management skills and experience growing a brand’s presence online. Being a knowledgeable ‘professional’ about various social media channels is a critical requirement for this role.
The ideal candidate will work closely and collaboratively with Niantic’s Product and Marketing team to plan, lead, and execute social media campaigns. You'll also own the creation of creative, community-first campaigns and engagement plans to support various feature launches, events, and social impact activities. And, most significantly, you’ll have tons of fun. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Work closely with the Regional Product Marketing Manager to plan, lead, and execute high impact social media campaigns for Pokémon GO.
- Identify, amplify, and engage with high-quality user generated content and lead the development of cross channel community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events in close conjunction with agency partners and report on their performance.
- Represent the voice of the community in meetings with cross-functional partners of varying levels and job functions and act as subject matter specialist in core features, mechanics, metagame, in-game promotions, and community sentiment.
- Build and champion a community of players on our forums and social media channels through direct interaction and by engagement focused campaigns.
- Support developing and executing the LiveOps strategy & programs with relevant cross-functional partners.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports identifying trends and optimize social media efforts to maximize post and campaign success.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies.
- Represent the team online and at (live) events.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Business Administration, Communications Science, Marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with brand communications, community management, and social media.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of community forums, social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), and how they can help achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to occasionally work atypical hours to support launches and events.
- Able to travel (including international) once in-person events are possible.
- Fluent in German and English.
- You are a passionate gamer; familiarity and knowledge of Niantic games.
- You have experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.