We’re looking for a Social Media Associate / TikTok Specialist to work with our Peridot team at Niantic. This person will be supporting our global product marketing team and play a role in building our brand’s social media presence by engaging with our social media community, crafting content, helping to manage our editorial calendar, and supporting the execution of different types of social campaigns in real time. If you’re someone who can naturally communicate on social media and loves doing so, creative, detail-oriented, and work well with teams, then we want to hear from you!
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Actively engage our online community across all social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, with a particular focus on creating and managing short-form video content for Peridot’s TikTok and Instagram Reels accounts.
- Support our team in content planning and strategies for Peridot’s soft launch and global launch initiatives.
- Support the management of our editorial calendar, ensuring planned posts are published in a timely, strategic, and accurate manner across social platforms.
- Create engaging copy while ensuring brand consistency through tone, voice, and terminology.
- Identify meaningful insights from social media performance and community conversations to help drive strategy and optimize future content.
- Monitor ongoing community sentiment across all social media platforms as well as community platforms such as Reddit, Discord, and Niantic Campfire.
- Keep a pulse on the social landscape by tracking trends, social platforms, campaigns, and content.
Who is this person
- Strong knowledge of creating content for and publishing to vertical video platforms with experience or interest working for a gaming or entertainment brand.
- Affinity for simulation and pet simulation games is a plus.
- Likes to engage with people and online communities. Experience with gaming communities is preferred but not required.
- Has experience using Sprinklr or other related content management tools.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and keeps up to date with industry trends, especially with regards short-form and vertical video creation.
- Strong creative brainstorming and writing skills.
- Can work with tight timelines, support campaigns in real-time, and work during the weekends when necessary.
- Able to work individually on a project or in a collaborative team environment, balance projects while simultaneously delivering results.
- Detail-driven, data-driven, organized, creative, and a great teammate.
- 1-2 years of relevant social media experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID