We’re looking for a Social Media Assistant to work exclusively with our Pokémon GO social/community team at Niantic. This person will be supporting our Social Media Manager and play a role in building our brand’s social media presence by helping manage our editorial calendar, generating engaging social copy, and accurately executing global social campaigns. Are you someone who is detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, and works well with teams? If so, we want to hear from you! This will be a temporary contract position employed through PROUnlimited with a potential for full-time conversion. PROUnlimited will provide benefits according to their eligibility rules. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Support the management of our day-to-day editorial calendar, ensuring planned posts are published in a timely, strategic, and accurate manner across all social platforms and region-specific channels.
- Working across different teams to support real-time execution needs and updating internal communication channels whenever there are relevant post updates.
- Create engaging copy while ensuring brand consistency through tone, voice, and terminology.
- Support social asset production process.
- Support analysis of organic campaign performance and detailed monthly reporting.
- Identify meaningful insights from social performance and community conversations to help drive strategy.
- Keep a pulse on the social landscape by tracking trends, social platforms, campaigns, and content.
- Has experience using Sprinklr or other related content management tools.
- Knowledge of strategic social media practices.
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns.
- Strong creative brainstorming and writing skills.
- Can work with tight deadlines and execute campaigns in real-time.
- Able to work individually on a project or in a team environment, balance projects while simultaneously delivering results.
- Detail driven, creative, and a collaborative teammate.
- Keeps up to date with social media industry trends.
- Has an interest in Pokémon, Pokémon GO, and/or the gaming industry is preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant social media experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.