Niantic’s Finance team seeks a Senior Technical Accountant to help build the technical accounting and financial reporting infrastructure vital for continued growth of the business. Niantic’s Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Research and document technical accounting treatment for non-standard transactions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Legal, Business Development, Real Estate and others) to build best in class reporting process with public company cadence.
- Digest complex agreements across licensing, game development, leases, M&A and propose accounting treatment accordingly.
- Foster a collaborative and efficient external audit.
- Assist in operational execution of certain technical areas like stock based comp, M&A integration, joint venture accounting, etc.
- Monitor impact of changes in reporting requirements and assist with the preparation of annual financial statement disclosures.
- Craft new accounting policy documents and provide expertise in recommending enhancements to existing policies.
- Support the monthly accounting close and reporting process.
- You have a CPA and an advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- You have public accounting experience.
- You are a strong communicator and have experience working cross functionally.
- You have good problem solving and analytical skills.
- You are organized and execution focused, with an ability to work independently.
- You have familiarity with an ERP system such as Netsuite.
- You have experience with a stock administration system such as Shareworks.
- You have SEC reporting experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.