Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking Software Engineers to join the Geodata Platform team. You will build the server infrastructure for Niantic's geodata warehouse and the geospatial services on top of it. You will design and implement solutions that can improve the geodata quantity and quality, and serve the data to developers and their end users at scale.
- You will craft server side solutions to collect and process user generated geodata at planet-scale.
- You will write data pipelines to process large amounts of geodata at scale and make them available to developers through APIs.
- You will build reliable, high-throughput, low-latency and scalable server and networking systems that support Niantic’s developers and products.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- 4+ years of experience building reliable and scalable realtime server systems.
- Proficiency in Java/C++ or any object oriented language, with working knowledge of Python, SQL.
- Written data pipelines to process large amounts of geodata at scale.
- Delivered solutions to production environments, and provided tools to monitor, support and mitigate any issues.
- Experience with building applications on cloud platforms such as Google Cloud or AWS.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience in writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems.
- Experience with processing and transforming standard geodata formats (GeoJSON, GeoTIFF, Esri Shapefile, KML).
- Experience mentoring junior engineers or leading projects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.