Niantic is seeking a dedicated Senior Software Engineer to help build the next generation of real-world AR games at massive scale, using Unity 3D for iOS and Android. We are looking for someone that can implement compelling gameplay mechanics for diverse and passionate players.
You will join an awesome team creating differentiated and delightful mobile and AR experiences. As a senior member of the team, you'll play a key role in the development of multiple interlinked features and supporting the growth of your colleagues. You will tackle a wide variety of technical challenges while creating engaging and fun real-world gameplay experiences.
- Create technical designs based on game design documentation and build engaging gameplay features that are fun and easy to use.
- Participate in code reviews, technical design reviews, and write unit tests.
- Work with the Technical Director to break features down into tasks and prioritise to allow work to be done in parallel, supporting team velocity.
- Participate in sprint rituals to help to scope tasks accurately, share progress and blockers, and improve team processes over time.
- Take ownership for developing large features and facilitate their completion with colleagues, supporting other Engineers when they encounter challenges.
- Work with multi-functional teams of engineers, designers, artists, and producers to execute on a creative vision and deliver an extraordinary gameplay experience.
- Mentor and share knowledge with the team, for example running workshops or pair-programming.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- 3D game engine experience, particularly in Unity3D.
- Built games for both Android and iOS preferably using Unity3D.
- You are comfortable working in C#.
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and happy to coach your junior colleagues.
- You are an expert using Git or other source control systems.
- You have shipped at least one game.
- You have at least six years of work experience developing in a multi-person game studio.
- You have experience developing AR gameplay.
- You're experienced developing in Java.
- You have full-stack experience.
- You’re experienced with data-oriented design and ECS.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.