We are on an ambitious mission to turn the world into an Augmented Reality canvas which games and other applications can paint on top of. This future is fully realized on AR Head Mounted Displays (HMDs).
Niantic is seeking senior software engineers to architect, design and implement core subsystems of the AR HMD. There are multiple opportunities for engineers to develop the foundations of this project. You will work with your teammates to define and achieve key metrics for real-time performance, power management, security and overall user experience.
- Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the system.
- Design, implement, integrate and deliver one or more key software subsystems.
- Collaborate with other team members, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Mentor teammates on software development.
- A BSc in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent technical degree or proven experience.
- Demonstrated ability to ship commercial consumer applications and to support them in production.
- Experience collaborating with product management and peers to derive system and product requirements.
- Experience decomposing system requirements and working with multiple team members to achieve them.
- Experience in crafting performant C/C++ software in a constrained embedded environment.
- You have shipped projects built on Android or an embedded Linux Kernel.
- You have used open computer vision and AR/VR standards (eg: OpenCV, OpenXR).
- You have experience iteratively delivering software via Agile methodologies.
- You have worked with hardware teams.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.