Niantic's QA Engineering team is seeking an experienced forward-thinking Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Manager to lead and grow our automation efforts. The right candidate will have multiple years of SDET team management with deep experience in building out automaton solutions and frameworks. As the SDET Manager, you will partner closely with other QA and SWE Managers to help build out automation solutions across Niantic. You will also be responsible for leading and growing the careers of several SDETs.
- Actively own automation architecture and strategy across the Niantic platform.
- Actively own performance of your team through regular meetings, and technical mentorship.
- Run and develop a team of SDETs, while directly mentoring and growing their careers.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Management on company wide automation initiatives and QA process improvements.
- Lead scrums for automation sprint achievements.
- Own and deliver automation testing roadmap in collaboration with QA Managers, and Development teams.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or another technical major, or equivalent experience.
- You have 5+ years experience directly leading SDETs and building automation solutions in an embedded environment, and 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Shown understanding of automation frameworks methodology and tooling.
- Hands on experience developing automation strategies and frameworks for mobile, browser and cloud based applications.
- Strong understanding of Unity games automation framework and API automation framework.
- Experience building engineering teams from the ground up.
- Experience and knowledge on test infrastructure, Google Cloud Platform, CI/CD, GitLab and Device Farms.
- Mobile, Cloud and AR Game testing experience.
- Passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.