Niantic’s London game studio is looking for a Senior QA Tester to join our team. This position will be responsible for daily testing of our product, writing test cases and coordinating external QA partners. You will be an integral part of the game development process, working closely with the development team in London and Los Angeles. You'll be responsible for the planning and execution of testing for all areas of our game to ensure we are delivering high-quality experiences for our players. This role is a six month contract with the potential to extend or convert into a full-time role.
- Build and lead testing estimates, schedules, timelines, and test cases.
- Work closely with Production to coordinate external QA resources to expand our testing efforts.
- Drive the development and completion of test cases and suites for new features.
- Communicate project testing efforts and bug status to our project leads and production team.
- Work with the QA leadership team on QA process improvements.
- A minimum of 4 years of QA testing experience.
- Solid understanding of QA methodology and tools, specifically JIRA and Testrail.
- Experience leading, building, and designing test strategies for games.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have three or more years of mobile testing experience.
- You have passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
- You have experience testing AR or geo-located games.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.