Do you want to use data and AI/ML to design products and make decisions at scale, delighting users today and helping craft the future of the real world metaverse? Join Niantic, the developer of Pokémon GO, Ingress and Pikmin Bloom, as a Product Manager on the Data/ML Platform team to lead, innovate, and build outstanding experiences across our suite of products and games. You will partner with scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop and scale products and processes to power a data informed culture and ecosystem on the Niantic Real World Platform for millions of players around the world. You will be responsible for creating both the vision and strategy for the machine learning platform and toolings to help both the Niantic internal team and external lightship developers use AI/ML in their applications.
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction. Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, Alsop Louie Partners and Coatue. Our current titles include pioneering global control game Ingress, record breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and more recently released titles, Pikmin Bloom and Peridot.
- Work with engineers, scientists, and product managers to gather insights and identify opportunities to use AI/ML across Niantic.
- Build a deep understanding of internal teams at Niantic and lightship developers with regard to their AI/ML use cases and their development process.
- Establish and document goals and product requirements for product plans. Broadcast your vision through bold product roadmaps to leadership and stakeholders, and deliver it to our millions of players.
- Define and track metrics to measure product success and impact.
- Determine build vs. buy for internal tooling needs.
- Collaborate and align with product leaders, engineers and scientists, and build world class machine learning platforms and services for real-world metaverse.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 5+ years of product management or relevant experience
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional members outside of their immediate organization to achieve team/organizational goals
- Experience managing technical projects and working with a data science or machine learning technical team
- Familiarity and knowledge of data science, data engineering, and machine learning topics and landscape (e.g. big data, data pipelines, cloud data architecture, MLOps, etc…)
- MBA or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Experience delivering at-scale machine learning products and services in consumer/gaming product space
- Experience building and launching platform products and services.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID