Are you ready to help drive a platform that brings a positive impact to the world through the power of mobile, location, and augmented reality technologies? We are looking for a Product Manager on our Game Platform, who will define developer focused product roadmaps and drive up efficiency of product delivery and improve alignment with several cross functional teams. The role will be a hybrid of product management (tools), operations and program management.
Niantic’s published apps have millions of daily active users who have collectively made over 500 million friendship connections and walked over 38 billion kilometers. By creating mobile, location-based AR games such as Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress: Prime, Niantic has encouraged people to discover new places, meet new people, and get healthier along the way. We passionately believe that our products are changing the way people play, interact, and connect and that AR will continue to lead the transformation by uniting the digital and physical worlds.
- Drive the roadmap for our Game platform, LiveOps tools and alignment with platform teams which support location-based AR games that are published by Niantic.
- Own platform KPIs that drive the success of our 1st party games
- Be the platform’s customer success manager working closely with our game teams that heavily rely on the platforms capabilities to build, launch and operate live games
- Be responsible for the cost/benefit analysis on platform improvements that impact the games being published
- Be an internal advocate for the game platform and find opportunities for improvement on a regular basis; drive up platform NPS
- Drive processes for product roadmaps, cross functional alignment, customer feedback, objectives & key results (OKRs) with a singular mission to make our games successful
- Drive the tools roadmap for live games
- Proactively explore upgrades to tools that will benefit developers, drive up platform quality and usability, and operation of live games (such as monitoring tools)
- Partner with engineering to drive the process for platform testing, tooling, infrastructure to support developers using the platform
- Work closely with Game Producers to help onboard new games to the platform
- Collaborate with QA, Build and Release teams to improve platform quality
- Present regular updates to executive, platform and game leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 5+ years of direct product management experience
- 5+ experience working with product managers, engineers, designers and marketing.
- Past experience in an operations role is helpful
- Past experience working on gaming or publishing platforms or developer tools is required.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with critical thinking capabilities, and a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
Join the Niantic Team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID