Come onboard and help craft how Niantic real world games connect businesses with players in positive and rewarding ways! As the Senior Marketing Director for Strategic and Brand Partnerships, you will work with your internal cross-functional colleagues to build all-new strategic relationships and grow existing partnerships. Part creative, part analytical, this role will give you the opportunity to flex your strategic and tactical muscle by driving B2B marketing strategies that deeply engage business partners and advertisers looking to drive brand awareness, brand affinity, real-world foot traffic and transactions through Niantic's location-based marketing platform.
You'll lead a team that helps match up partners with relevant, consumer-facing, mobile AR games and applications in the Niantic portfolio for co-marketing campaigns and programs. In addition, you will partner with our Brand Partnerships team to bring advertisers into the Niantic Ad Network, helping these brands effectively reach and engage with select target audiences in rich, deep, and innovative ways via immersive AR experiences at real world locations around the globe. And, most meaningfully, you’ll have tons of fun helping us shape the AR future.
- Help drive our global B2B business goals with effective and innovative marketing campaigns ranging from go-to-market plans to engagement and retention strategies.
- Lead the global Strategic + Brand Partnerships Marketing team, working closely with both cross-functional partners (ie, Product Management, Communications, Legal, Operations, etc) and regional marketing teams in APAC and EMEA to ensure global consistency in our partner programs and advertiser offerings.
- Work closely with our Strategic Partnership and Brand Partnership teams to help nurture relationships with key business partners and advertisers.
- Lead market research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of business partners of varying sizes, industries and regions. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy our business partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help inform and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Establish detailed process for white paper and creative pitch development that help our Business Development teams engage with our B2B customers.
- Be responsible to build, guide and manage the global B2B marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Develop the positioning and messaging architecture for Niantic’s Audience Network.
- Define, build and oversee the go-to-market strategy for Niantic’s Ad products w/core cross-functional (internal and external) stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 14+ years of relevant marketing experience in areas noted below.
- Multifaceted understanding of driving growth for a B2B, ad-driven businesses. Ability to develop product positioning and go-to-market strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Deep knowledge of ad platforms and their B2B and B2C customer acquisition strategies.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Deep understanding and passion for Niantic’s mission, as well as it's strategic and competitive market position.
- You have an MBA.
- Familiarity with Pokémon GO, Ingress and other mobile gaming apps.
- You are proficient in G-Suite.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.