As part of the greater people operations organization, our recruiting team works closely with people partners and engineering leadership to attract, nurture, and empower diverse, outstanding talent in the gaming and augmented reality industries. As ambassadors to Niantic, our goal is to ensure that our recruiting partnership and candidate experience support our values and our ambitious mission.
We’re seeking a technical sourcing leader to support and empower our hardworking sourcing team who support engineering, product, and design hiring. You are not only an outstanding recruiter, but you are a respectful and empathetic manager who is willing to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond to help the team achieve success. You truly care about building a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect others and practice empathy at every opportunity. You and your team will have the opportunity to forge partnerships with leaders cross-functionally, advise recruiters and hiring teams on best practices, and be an integral part of Niantic’s strategic talent planning efforts!
- Lead and support our dynamic team of technical sourcers.
- Partner with recruiting leads and hiring managers to define success metrics for each department and role.
- Work closely with business leaders to influence and deliver quality assessment and high touch candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment life cycle.
- Own the strategy and implementation of our diversity, equity and inclusion commitments by developing thoughtful partnerships with organizations passionate about under-represented talent.
- Ensure the team is recruiting top talent through sourcing on multiple diverse channels.
- Partner with the Recruiting Operations Manager to elevate Niantic’s employer brand and engagement strategy across all channels; emerging talent, industry and leadership recruiting.
- Build and implement the candidate engagement strategy for our leadership & executive hiring.
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities with 3P agencies and retained search firms to augment sourcing support for critical searches.
- Support and maintain the creation of comprehensive learning opportunities including workshops, professional development opportunities, and related training to support the growth of the recruiting team.
- 8+ years of technical recruiting and candidate sourcing experience required, with proven track record with leading a recruiting function preferably within the technology and gaming industries.
- You have prior experience as a senior individual contributor and have developed a team of technical sourcers in engineering or other technical domains.
- Demonstrable experience in developing, leading, and running large-scale groundbreaking programs with a focus on growing representation.
- You have an authentic dedication to diversity, equity, and belonging practices, as well as a desire to advocate for more inclusive candidate engagement and sourcing approaches.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate trust, influence, mentor and guide hiring managers and recruiting team members.
- You have people operations, recruiting, or related experience with gaming and technology companies.
- You are experienced with Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Gem, and other relevant recruiting tools and platforms.
- You have late-phase startup experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.