As part of the greater people function, the recruiting team works closely with People operations and leaders across the organization to attract, nurture, and empower diverse, outstanding talent in the gaming and augmented reality industries. As ambassadors to Niantic, our goal is to ensure that our people practices support our values and our ambitious mission!
We’re seeking a recruiting leader to manage and empower our hardworking team of recruiters who support our engineering, product, and design hiring. You are not only an outstanding recruiter, but you are a respectful and empathetic manager who is willing to go above and beyond to help others. You are someone who truly cares about building a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect others and practice empathy at every opportunity! You and your team will have the opportunity to forge partnerships with leaders cross-functionally, advise recruiters and hiring teams on recruiting strategy and be an integral part of Niantic’s strategic talent planning efforts.
This newly-created manager position reports to the Senior Director of Recruiting.
- Actively manage and mentor our dynamic team of engineering, product, and design recruiters.
- Partner with recruiting leads and hiring partners to define success metrics for each department and role.
- Ensure the team is recruiting top talent through sourcing on multiple channels, reviewing incoming applicants, and maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate.
- Scale the full-cycle recruiting process for candidates, including driving interviews and offer processes, salary recommendations, and candidate closing.
- Work cross-functionally with hiring managers from every department to support recruiting needs.
- Support and maintain the creation of comprehensive learning opportunities including workshops, professional development, and related activities to support the growth and development of the team.
- You have 8+ years of progressive recruiting experience.
- You have 4+ years of proven experience managing or mentoring recruiters, sourcers or full cycle recruiters.
- You have an authentic dedication to diversity, equity, and belonging practices, as well as a desire to advocate for more inclusive approaches to recruiting.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the creativity, flexibility, and the innate ability to problem-solve complex problems and navigate complicated situations with ease.
- You are known for your attention to detail and track record of driving projects to completion and with high quality.
- You have experience with Google Apps and various Applicant Tracking Systems.
- You have people operations, recruiting, or related experience with gaming and technology companies.
- You are experienced with Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Gem, and other relevant recruiting tools and platforms.
- You have late-phase startup experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.