At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that inspire players to go on adventures with others. Do you share this passion and want to help encourage others to step outside and go on an adventure? If so, come onboard! Our Marketing team is seeking a Senior Global Community Manager to serve as the leader to develop quality community marketing and engagement programs for Pokémon GO. We’re looking for someone who is hardworking with proven communication and written skills and experience growing a brand’s presence online. If you're knowledgeable about global community building, are an effective communicator, and are interested in championing community feedback, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role, you'll lead and manage the global Pokemon GO community program. You'll actively participate in the creation of creative, community-first campaigns and engagement plans to support various feature launches, events, and social impact activities. You'll also work alongside cross functional teams to drive player engagement, retention, and online acquisition.
- Represent PGO team and act as our spokesperson in front of community
- Lead the global community team and regional teams to develop an authentic community management approach aligned with our game's vision and mission
- Explore and suggest opportunities to humanize the brand by engaging with the community online and offline
- Acknowledge and celebrate people who are going above and beyond in their local communities
- Build, track and communicate Community KPIs to evangelize community feedback and influence decisions/priorities
- Create and manage a scalable creator program with a clear strategy and execution plan aligned with overall marketing strategy, and monitor its progress and ensure quality execution
- Lead the development of cross channel community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events, and report on their performance.
- 5-8 years’ experience with brand communications, community relationship management, social media and partnerships.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in online community building and social media management.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent public speaking and written communications skills.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming communities.
- Able to occasionally work atypical hours to support launches and events.
- Able to travel (including international) once in-person events are possible.
- You are an avid Pokémon GO player.
- You have experience working with brand and legal guidelines.
- You have experience working in diverse cultures
- You are familiar with and have a passion for Niantic games.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.