Niantic is seeking an Engineering Director or Senior Engineering Manager to guide Peridot: a new game built using next-generation augmented reality from Niantic’s Lightship ARDK Real World Platform.
The ideal candidate has a love for games and technology and has experience managing engineering teams. You would be leading a team of engineers consisting of both Unity game developers and backend server. We are seeking a leader who focuses on the big picture and does everything in their power to help the team ship a game.
You will work closely with many of the teams on Niantic's Platform to help integrate their features into the game and help improve the platform.
Our focus is shipping a fun, world-class game. You will join an outstanding team of like-minded people to create brand new mobile and AR experiences.
- Lead an engineering team of both client and backend engineers. Be their advocate, and help to guide their careers.
- Collaborate with artists, producers, designers, and the rest of the team to ship a great game!
- Work with Niantic's Lightship Platform team both to integrate platform components and give feedback to improve the product.
- Be comfortable learning and contributing to the codebase.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent.
- Five years of management experience.
- Shipped at least one mobile game.
- A high level understanding of relevant technologies, along with the foresight and decision making to make the right calls.
- You have experience with AR gameplay.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID