At Niantic, we operate the world's largest AR mobile game, and we are building a planet-scale AR platform to usher in a new way of how people will experience technology. We are looking for a forward-thinking Engineering Director to help us scale our infrastructure to enable this future. We expect you to have multiple years of leadership and management experience in building scalable, cloud-based infrastructure for consumer products.
- Lead multiple teams of development, operations, quality and testing engineers.
- Coordinate and craft new initiatives and operational goals.
- Actively own the performance of your teams through regular meetings, mentorship, and morale events.
- Partner closely with Niantic's product team to build the next generation of Infrastructure for Niantic.
- Liaise with cloud providers and external workforce companies to negotiate contract terms and ensure smooth partnerships.
- A minimum of seven years working as a lead within Infrastructure.
- A minimum of five years experience as a manager with at least two years as a manager of managers.
- Meaningful experience with distributed systems and cloud offerings including Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, and more.
- Excited to coach and mentor colleagues.
- Gaming industry experience including experience with Unity3D.
- Familiar with cloud operations, quality assurance for features, and client/server-side development.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.