Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission! Humans are fascinating, and can pose an amazing challenge.
The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will play a strong leadership role supporting business needs and be a key contributor to the broader People strategy as a member of the People leadership team. Evolving and scaling our people related strategies, processes, and practices and driving detailed execution is critical to our future success. Like many of our leaders, we are looking for a player/coach – somebody who is interested in providing hands-on value and expertise, as well as managing their team. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this role will be based in either San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Bellevue, and will lead an amazing team. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead the Talent Acquisition team and be instrumental in creating a 3-5 year talent roadmap that supports the business needs.
- Develop a team of coordinators, sourcers, and recruiters to deliver the best work of their careers and be part of something bigger, scalable, and impactful.
- Partner with finance and business leaders on our headcount and forecast planning through use of a data driven recruiting capacity model and projection.
- Champion our employer brand in a way that is honest, open and sincere in what we stand for.
- Ensure our talent acquisition infrastructure, processes, and operations are in compliance and are efficient and effective at bringing in the best talent.
- Advise on when and how to augment and scale down recruiting activities to align with business priorities.
- Utilize data to provide insights that inform and improve our recruiting capabilities, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Have a strong executive presence and continue nurturing the trusted partner and consultative relationship with the business.
- Infuse diversity and inclusion practices into the recruitment lifecycle to ensure we are building a diverse workforce.
- As a member of the People leadership team, have an ownership mindset when it comes to the overall vision, mission and goals of the entire function.
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals.
- 15+ years of talent acquisition experience and/or broader HR experience.
- Be a change leader as someone who initiates and implements continuous improvements while bringing others along on the journey.
- You’ve been there before and have sat in the seat of a coordinator, sourcer, and/or recruiter and you are willing to play any role as needed to support the team.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Ability to build trust at all organizational levels and work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Prior management experience and passion for developing others.
- You have experience with the games industry, high growth, and/or an agile development environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.