At Niantic, we’re passionate about real-world, social, mobile games that inspire players to go on adventures on foot with others! We are seeking an experienced Senior Director of Performance Marketing, who brings deep expertise in building a best-in-class growth organization. You will lead Niantic’s Performance Marketing team, building strategies and plans that generate significant growth for our planet-scale AR product experiences globally. You will be responsible for growing and building a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment that allows our team to do their best work. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Mentor, lead and cultivate the Performance Marketing team with a culture of inclusion and collaboration, while building best in-class practices across growth fields.
- Drive strategy and OKRs for all performance marketing programs as well as investments to maximize performance.
- Lead paid UA and direct marketing teams to drive product usage and engagement and help reach company/product targets.
- Build credible partnerships with XFN leaders to optimize marketing technology stack and related operations, including marketing automation, attribution and analytics.
- 10 - 14 years of marketing experience with a focus on F2P (free-to-play) / freemium businesses that are ideally grounded in mobile products & services (e.g., games).
- Successfully built and crafted the planning and execution of sophisticated data driven marketing programs including A/B experimentation, multi-touch attribution modeling and causality testing, as well as the ability to drive decisions within imperfect or incomplete information environments.
- Specialist in mobile marketing and mobile attribution methods and platforms (e.g: Adjust/Kochava/Appsflyer).
- Deep knowledge of paid mobile media channels (e.g. Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords) for use in both new user acquisition and re-targeting lapsed user cohorts.
- Familiarity with ASO and validated methodologies to improve conversion rates.
- Strong leadership presence and ability to lead and influence executive management to drive execution of a strategy in a fast paced global organization.
- Familiarity with direct marketing (email/push/in-app message/SMS), understanding lifecycle marketing and user journey optimization
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for technology and entertainment, especially for Niantic’s products.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree a plus (esp. in Business Administration).
- Proficiency with data tools (e.g: Tableau/Looker).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.