Niantic is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, passionate Senior Director of Product Marketing for its Lightship Developer Platform. If you understand the nuances of how software is built, can build global-scale go-to-market strategies and can inspire the developer community, we would love to hear from you.
At Niantic, our senior leader for the Lightship Platform Marketing team will wear many hats to win the hearts and minds of developers around the globe and to bring Niantic Lightship products to market. In this role, you’ll manage a global team to launch Niantic's upcoming new platform products, support the teams that foster and build networks with developers, and help promote the successful apps of its brand partners.
You and your team will work closely with our executive management, product, engineering, developer relations, communications, and operations teams to help us present and position our AR products while leading the marketing team to scale and grow Niantic's developer ecosystem.
In this role, you will build the strategy for the next phase of AR technology and help usher the developer community into our vision of a "....real-world metaverse...." where consumers engage in authentic social connection, movement and discovery through AR.
- This role will own and drive global platform marketing for Niantic Lightship products, developer community and partner app campaigns.
- Spokesperson duties at developer conferences, meetups, customer meetings, and more.
- Develop and support a team of marketing experts creating strategy for developer communities, partners and product go-to-market campaigns.
- Build out the organization and structure needed to help Niantic Lightship scale and Niantic to meet its platform goals.
- Conduct competitive analysis to assess the best ways for us to lead the industry with powerful, engaged and thoughtful advocacy and engagement.
- Collaborate and build strong strategic relationships within the industry and developer community.
- Work with product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to help bring products to market and scale those that have already launched to support their success.
- Integrate the Niantic brand, voice, mission, values and messaging into developed content that well represent the company.
- Create global events strategy and lead a team for the execution of Niantic's developer conferences, B2B presence, and regional events.
- Demonstrated ability in developer marketing and platform go-to-market strategies.
- Experience working in technology and running global teams.
- Experience working with developers, leading developer communities and running cross-functional teams.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, blogging, and content development skills.
- Facilitating complex and critical community situations with modesty, judgment, tact, and levity.
- Working independently and autonomously, prioritizing multiple projects.
- Leading the foundational efforts needed to create a success team - budget, planning, organizational design, team support, research programs.
- 14+ years of experience leading platform marketing or emerging tech products, ideally with more recent experience in XR / MR / AR.
- Prior developer experience, preferably working within the AR community.
- Media training and experience in communicating with journalists, bloggers, and other media on a range of technical topics.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.