Come onboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented throughout the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa region. As a Senior Director of Product Marketing, you will lead regional product marketing strategies and execution for existing and upcoming Niantic titles. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll manage a team of hardworking and skilled marketers to conceptualize and launch impactful campaigns, lead all aspects of the marketing strategy in the region, and collaborate with executives and key business partners. And, most meaningfully, you’ll have tons of fun.
- Help us achieve our broader business goals by building and driving regional marketing campaigns that resonate with our various consumer, developer and business audiences. Develop EMEA-specific business plan with XFN partners that helps us identify and unlock regional growth opportunities.
- Build, grow and lead the EMEA marketing team across our offices in London and Hamburg, working closely with the global marketing team to build regional marketing programs that reflect appropriate product positioning and key messaging in high priority EMEA countries.
- Define and implement EMEA-specific go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies for our full slate of consumer-facing apps (B2C) and business/brand-facing products and services (B2B). Conduct this work in close coordination with fellow marketing colleagues (i.e. Community Management, Performance Marketing, Live Events, etc) and cross-functional partners such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Communications, Legal and PR.
- Nurture relationships with key business partner executives and drive alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Represent Niantic externally as spokesperson during relevant industry events and for other public-facing initiatives (e.g. thought leadership opportunities within the region).
- Build and manage the regional marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; help author and develop partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 14+ years of relevant marketing experience in areas, including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media planning & buying, campaign tracking and optimisation.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics, demonstrating formal qualitative and/or quantitative market research, when relevant.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Guiding a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing, understanding and presenting out strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to coordinate sophisticated projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities, across multiple time zones and sometimes requiring travel.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Deep understanding and passion for Niantic’s mission, as well as it's strategic and competitive market position.
- Proficient in English and German languages.
- You have an MBA.
- You have a familiarity with Niantic products
- You are proficient in G-Suite.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.