Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Senior Client Engineer to create the tools we need internally to develop and support world’s most popular AR Games. With millions of different setting permutations, a constant stream of new features, and one of the most prolific fanbases in mobile gaming, this is an opportunity to support the Engineers, Game Designers, and Product Managers that build and run Pokémon Go and so many other AR games. Tools empower creativity and efficiency. Our tools engineers will help develop, maintain, and modernize the solutions our internal teams utilize to run the game with the precision, accuracy, and efficiency our player-base demands.
- You will craft and implement user-friendly interfaces for game developers.
- You will build and work with APIs, frameworks, and tools that help the game team, written primarily in Unity.
- You will collaborate with other engineers, product managers, game designers, operations, marketing, and other departments to gather requirements, build tools to their specifications, and identify existing problems.
- You will look for opportunities to reduce mistakes and improve efficiency of our live ops.
- You will participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live games as well as games in development.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 2-5 years of development experience with Unity
- You have experience designing and building internal tools/systems from scratch.
- Experience in optimization, systems architecture, profiling, tooling, and reporting.
- You are detail-oriented and can always identify critical areas that need focus.
- You have experience working on mobile games, games-as-a-service, or massively multiplayer online games.
- You have experience with a/b testing or experimentation frameworks.
- You are familiar with version control systems like git.
- You thrive in a rigorous engineering environment, and have an eye for detail.
- You’re eager to work in an agile, fast-growth environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID