Niantic's Security Team seeks a security engineer to improve the stance of our software systems and server infrastructure. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Do you want to be part of our team, and make our internal and user-facing services safer and more robust? We seek creative engineers with excellent technical judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to embrace new technologies.
- You perform Security reviews and audits of our platform and application software.
- You offer advice and guidance to our product teams, and security operations.
- You build out tooling, launch engineering efforts for security architecture improvements, application scanning, fuzzing, and other security-centric systems.
- You help build up hardened in-house libraries, CICD build environments and cloud/container deployments.
- You review third-party libraries.
- You manage vulnerability remediation of in-house and third-party software.
- You help educate software engineers in security concerns, codify standard software development practices across teams.
- You engage in red-team efforts on the product side and collaborate with SRE.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure (preferably GCP).
- You have in-depth experience in hardening distributed web services, cloud services and platform architectures.
- You can demonstrate strong programming skills (preferably Java, C++, Python, JS, DotNET, Go) and in-depth understanding of the different classes of vulnerabilities and exploits in modern Unix and Web stacks.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
- You have previously participated in red team efforts or been involved in the tracking of mitigation efforts.
- You have strong expertise with build systems (e.g. build automation languages, artefact repositories, VCS) and processes or with building large systems.
- You have a strong track record with providing privacy measures to user facing services.
- You can show experience with Code Quality Management.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.