Niantic's Security Team seeks a security engineer to improve the security stance of our production environment and deployments. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Do you want to be part of our team, and make our internal and user-facing services safer and more robust? We seek creative engineers with excellent technical judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to embrace new technologies.
- You perform security reviews of our platform and production environments.
- You offer consulting services for our product teams, corporate IT, and security operations.
- You help build up hardened in-house OS images and configurations for deployment in virtual machines and Docker / Kubernetes.
- You build out tooling, launch engineering efforts for scanning, fuzzing, and other security-centric systems.
- You manage vulnerability remediation of in-house and third-party software as related to deployed production environments.
- You help educate site reliability engineers and software engineers in security concerns, codify deployment practices across teams.
- You collaborate with SRE on the rollout of security measures.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure.
- You have in-depth experience in hardening distributed deployments.
- You have an in-depth understanding of Cloud technologies.
- You can demonstrate strong programming skills.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
- You have experience in multi-cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud).
- You have software development or project management experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID