Niantic’s Security Team seeks a security engineer to improve and maintain Niantic’s threat monitoring and incident response capabilities for our globally distributed sites and workforce. You will help secure our corporate and production environments, and provide the means to detect and expel malicious actors.
- Work with the team to improve the cloud-based log acquisition and processing pipeline on corporate and production infrastructure (cloud, network and host based).
- Design, implement and operate relevant detection and alerting mechanisms or tools.
- Build/improve tools for normalizing and automatic analysis of a wide variety of security relevant events and log data.
- Monitor, analyze and respond to security alerts and events.
- Participate in security incidents on the corporate side.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a modern, threat-aware corporate environment, performing detection and response tasks.
- You understand in-depth the possible signals and IOCs to look for, and how to extract them from cloud-, network- and host-based event logs.
- You can demonstrate strong scripting / programming skills.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
- You have experience with building security automation/orchestration and data analytics.
- You have experience with follow-up or management of remediation efforts.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.