Niantic's Finance team seeks a Revenue Accountant to support all aspects of Niantic Order-to-Cash and revenue recognition processes, including invoicing and collections. Niantic's Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running smoothly. In this role, you will be helping the revenue team complete the Company’s month-end revenue close process, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and establishing accounting policies, controls and procedures within the Revenue Accounting team. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Prepare journal entries and support the month-end close process for areas including advertising revenue, online game revenue, accounts receivable, partner payments, and external reporting.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for reporting on the status of advertising customers, including invoice schedules, collections, and forecasts for the Finance and Brand Partnership teams.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering and Data Analytics teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of systems used for billing and accounting purposes.
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects and assignments.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting with 1-3 years of professional experience; public accounting background at a Big 4 preferred.
- Basic knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606. Strong understanding of debits & credits and knowledge of how those numbers flow through the financial statements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive “self-starter” with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of the company.
- Strategic problem solver that considers both current needs and long-term scale. Ability to prioritize and handle tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- CPA exams passed, or plan to pursue CPA with proven progress towards goal. Experience with preparing journal entries.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus, but not required.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID