Are you an experienced production leader seeking a new challenge? Pokémon GO is hiring a Release Manager to lead its Release Operations team. This leader drives all aspects of the software release process from release planning, through retrospective.
- Drive release process improvements, standardization, and documentation for the game studio.
- Manage risk across multiple teams and products, including tracking game/platform dependencies, understanding scope, and ownership of build delivery.
- Will communicate and coordinate new platform releases with key constituents across platform and game teams.
- Define signoff procedures, facilitate build readiness reviews, coordinate launch activities, and perform launch retrospectives.
Software releases can be stressful and frenetic. The Release Manager is also responsible for creating a positive and constructive environment around release events, from pre-launch through retrospective.
- 5+ years of experience as a release manager, program manager, or similar role on a software development team.
- Successfully shipped and run at least 2 projects through launch and live operations.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Experience writing process documentation.
- Collaborates well with cross-functional team members.
- Cool under pressure.
- The ability to lead without authority.
- Thorough with attention to detail.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.